onsdag den 4. oktober 2006

a little sock history

This entry will only be in english, since the danish readers wont find it very interresting.

When did you start making socks? Did you teach yourself or were you taught by a friend or relative? or in a class?

It was when I was 17 I taught myself from a book I had been given for my birthday.

What was your first pair? How have they "held up" over time?

I made one pair of stripy cotton socks, I gave them to my mum, I don't know what happened to them.

What would you have done differently?

Never knit socks in cotton ever again.

What yarns have you particularly enjoyed?

Opal, love the colours and the touch.

Do you like to crochet your socks? or knit them on DPNs, 2 circulars, or using the Magic Loop method?

5 DPN's never tried any other way.

Which kind of heel do you prefer? (flap? or short-row?)

As English is not my native tough, I don't know the name of the heels I knit sorry.

How many pairs have you made?

6 pairs so far, but many more to come.

Ingen kommentarer: